With the increasing awareness of human disabilities, the demand for service dogs has risen too. These dogs are specially trained to help persons with disabilities in their daily lives. They accompany them to most places they go to, including areas where normal dogs would not have been allowed. The access to restricted areas is made possible by the ADA, which permits the accompanying of service dogs with their owners in restricted places. However service dogs are required to wear a special vest at all times, the vests are designed such that the service dog could be easily identified. There are hundreds of different vests available in the market, and choosing the right one for your dog can be a tedious task. One has to factor in many points when selecting the perfect vest, like the size of the garment, the color or is the service dog vest with pockets or not.
Thus, as experts in reviewing service dogs products and accessories including vests for a while, we have compiled a list of top 10 service dog vests with pockets and without pockets so that you may make a better decision for your service dog’s vest.
Service Dog Vest With Pockets
#1 Petflect Service Dog, Please Don't Pet Me Reflective Vest
This vest is one of the good ones out there due to its high-quality material, and the fact that it is made in the USA ensures that the quality of production is top-notch. It has sewed in a patch of “Please Don’t Pet Me, I’m Working” for better identification of service dogs in public places. The vest is entirely reflective, which ensures that both the owner and the dog are safe in public places. One of the most distinguishing facts about this is that it is one of the many service dog vests with pockets made of 1000 denier Cordura nylon. It is tiny enough and will not fully cover your pet to suffocate them. The adjustable belly strap warrants that the vest is firmly tucked in onto the dog.
- - Includes Please Don't Pet Me, I'm Working Patches and a Service Dog Rocker Patches sewn onto vest
- - Reflective working dog vest notifies people that your dog is designated as a service dog
Summing it off, the “Please don’t pet me” is an excellent vest for your service dog if you want something that has pockets in it and is also reflective in low light conditions. It is also suitable for those who want something lightweight for fewer burdens on the dog. But, if you need a customizable vest, then this is not for you as the patches are sewed in. The vest does not also fully cover the dog’s body and has reflections for low light conditions.
- Lightweight making the vest extremely comfortable for the dog.
- Has two pockets, made of nylon, that ease the carrying of small items.
- Reflective vest, guaranteeing that both the dog and owner are safe
- The patches are sewed in and cannot be replaced or customized.
- The pockets have zippers on it, which can often limit the capacity.
- The vest is rather tiny and may fully cover bodies.
#2 Activedogs American Service Dog Dual Pocket Harness Vest
This dedicated vest will surely take your Memorial Day patriotism to the next level. With beautifully represented American flags on it, the vest is full of different features. It has two pockets on either side, made of high-quality material, which makes storing small items like mobile phone or wallet very doable. The vest itself is highly visible from a distance. And it has two sewed in patches which say “Service Dog DO NOT PET”. You can get them custom printed when ordering your vest. The vest has a handle on top with two D rings attached to it so you can connect ID tags or other light hangable objects there.
- American Service Dog Vest has Dual Zippered Pockets, great for service dogs to transport objects while identifying your working dog
- Comes with (2) SERVICE DOG DO NOT PET patches attached on top sides
This service dog vest with pockets is, for sure, a good one in terms of looks and features. Intelligent engineering gives the vest a smart feel. The pockets are large and durable enough to carry a mobile phone or wallet. But, depending on people’s preferences, the straps may look unattractive, and some dogs may not have the vest entirely fitting for their size.
- Has two girth straps that help to keep the vest in place while the dog is working
- Chest straps are adjustable with slides to ensure that no belts are left hanging off.
- High-quality D rings make it possible to attach a leash, ID tags or other items on it.
- Some people may not like the double body straps.
- The vest does not fully cover the body and looks rather small.
- Some sizes may not perfectly fit your dog.
#3 Industrial Puppy Service Dog Vest
This service dog vest initially looks like every other standard vest out there in the market, but when you look closely at the features it has, this is a thoughtfully engineered marvel. It is made of very high-quality material that goes well in the rainy season too. The fabric is specially designed to make it easy for the dog to breath. The patches are made of reflective material for better visibility and are easily removable if you want to put up some other designs. A welded D ring is also built-in to attach a leash or ID tags.
- Made from the strongest materials on the market. No more frayed seems or Hook and Loop that won't hold.
- Removable patches mean you need only 1 harness for everything from grocery shopping to doctor visits.
This vest is a good option for those who want something durable and water-resistant as the material it is made up of dries quickly. But if you are into more space and need pockets, then this is not an option for you. The handle also may seem small to some if the dog is large in size. Though this vest does not have any pockets, unlike many others, there is no hindering for the availability of space to store small items.
- Adjustable straps to ensure proper fitting on the dog.
- Reflective patches and a safety strap placed at the front offers low-light visibility
- A handle made of nylon for better handling, control and training
- Best suited for smaller dogs
- Some sizes may not fully fit and may make it uncomfortable for your dog
- The vest is tiny and may look awkward on some large dogs
#4 Pawshoppie Real Reflective Service Dog Vest
This vest comes with high-quality material that is soft and padded, so it’s easy to pick up your dog, and also makes it very breathable for the dog. The customizable labels on the vest ensure that it can be used on all types of dogs, whether it is a service dog or a normal one. The reflective straps ensure that the dog is visible in low light conditions and is safe wherever it goes. The wide range of sizes available ensures that every buyer’s dog can fit in comfortably without compromising the size of the dog.
- Super comfy plus strong materials.No more frayed seams or accessories that won't hold - great for large and small breeds. Neoprene Inner Lining and padded for non-chafe cushioning. Reduces Abrasion for Your Dog's Comfort.
- Decrease conflicts before they start. Not Just for Service Dogs! Own a therapy or support dog? Or any other working dog? Just remove our 2 "Service Dog" patches & replace with 2 of your own. suitable for all breeds such as Poodles, German Shepherds, etc.
The Pawshoppie Real reflective service dog vest with pockets is a great option if you want something with safety and customizable features. This won’t be a great choice if you want a vest that completely covers the body or if you need pockets to keep small items with the dog.
- Soft padded material which makes it easy for the dog to breath.
- Has a belly buckle to ensure comfortable fitting on the dog’s body.
- Extra labels included if you don’t have a service dog.
- No pockets are available. You will have to carry items in a separate bag.
- Some dogs may feel uncomfortable due to variations in size
- The vest is tiny, and the vest will not cover the whole body
#5 Lifeunion Adjustable Service Dog Supply Backpack
This is a heavy-duty option for those who love hiking, camping or travel often into rugged places. Its two large pockets allow you to carry more stuff with you. This vest is one of the very few service dog vests with pockets that have high-quality zippers for the pockets, which seems too hard to be malfunctioned. The stainless steel D ring is also designed to handle heavy-duty leashes on the dog and is large enough to attach other items. It also features a sturdy rubber handle for better control of the dog.
- Made of high quality 600D double polyester material,durable and waterproof.
- Adjustable straps and a soft-mesh lined underside for a comfortable and custom fit.
Overall, this is a cute bag that looks nice and sturdy. The pockets look big and seem like it can carry a lot, but it actually cannot hold huge items. Though it is not made for serious hikers, some light hiking would be okay, but it is advisable to avoid overuse of this vest. The material stays intact and does not seem to be sliding off the body, and this may make it a best vest for you to take them outdoors. It has a convenient and robust buckle to make the vest fit better on the dog. Also, comes with it is an adjustable strap for changing the size of the vest.
- Made of padded and meshed inner material,
- Mesh makes it easy for your dog to breath.
- Extremely useful for those who love to hike or
- Best suited for even remote terrains due to its rugged and durable built.
- Might not be suitable for very intense use
- The pockets may not be as large as expected
- It is hard to store large items in this vest
Fulfill your adventures with this amazingly outlined spacious service dog vest with pockets. The vest comes with two large saddles that t=can be attached on either side of the vest, and allows you to add items such as mobile phones etc. It also has removable patches that you can change later on according to your desires. The main patches and the front straps are lined with reflective material, making you and your dog safer by providing greater visibility. The straps are adjustable for better fitting on the animal, and the inner content of the vest is made of Neoprene, which adds reinforcement and guards the dog’s skin against abrasion.
- 2 removable reflective patches one for each side of harness
- 2 removable saddle bags that feature interchangeable identifying panels
This vest is fantastic for those who love long walks and cannot have a compromise on their journeys. It is also lovely for talking your dog out at night as the reflective lining helps to make the dog visible. Though saddles are only held by one strip of Velcro, it tends to be strong most of the times. Also, the two saddlebags are large enough to carry essential items so that you won’t have a problem with supplies. But if you have a large dog, then this may not be a feasible idea as the vest does not fit well on large dogs.
- Reflective straps ensure that you and your dog are safe in low light conditions
- Two Large enough saddlebags included for maximum storage of items
- The vest is incredibly lightweight yet extremely durable
- The vest may not be suitable for larger dogs due to improper fitting
- The patches wear out after being used for sometime
#7 2PET Dog Backpack For Hiking
This heavy-duty vest is made for serious hikers and for those who like to take their dogs to rugged terrains. It features a fit dog carrier backpack as the storage place. It is also has two high-quality zipper pockets. Coupled with that, it has a bottle holder and two very spacious detachable saddles that can hold a lot of storage. The harness closes in one click and is very comfortable for the dog.
- ADJUSTABLE, COMFORTABLE HARNESS: Includes a soft, easily adjustable one click harness that allows for a perfect fit and comfortable wearing experience for large dogs
- SPACIOUS, DETACHABLE SADDLES: Includes two roomy saddles that can be easily attached to or detached from the harness using the Velcro stripes
This vest is perfect for those who want to hike and do not mind leaving their dog free from the leash as it breaks off very quickly. Apart from the leash, the rest is fantastic. If you want to walk your dog on a rugged surface, it will be fine. Large enough space to carry water bottles and other essentials to remain comfortable on any journey. One major drawback is that it is not one of the service dog vest with pockets and may cause space problems if you don’t want to use saddlebags. This vest is tough, intact and best of all has enough space.
- Has enough space to carry a water bottle and not compromise space
- Saddlebags large enough to take a lot of items
- Tight grip, to ensure that the vest does not slide off the body.
- The leash hook is very fragile, and it breaks off too easily
- Saddlebags don’t stay on the body and fall off often
- This vest doesn’t have any reflective properties
- Not suitable for use at night time.
#8 JIEPAI Tactical Dog Harness
This is the ultimate vest if you want something of the tactical level. This military-style vest has two big 3L ouches on either side that can hold a lot of items quickly. It is made of high-quality 500D nylon, with neat stitching and soft padding on the insides to make sure that the dog is comfortable in the vest. The molle system in the back can also add to the storage space. The vest also has a top handle to control the dog’s forward motion and to give it better training. It also features a tactical D ring to attach a leash or other items like an ID.
- 【Upgraded Version Tactical Dog Vest】:made of high quality 500D nylon and material with neat stitching and soft padded lining to prevent chafing for your dog's skin and hair with a comfortable fit.
- 【Adjustable and Molle System Tactical Dog Vest】:saddle bag harness the front straps can adjustable dogs neck and adjustable belly straps with UTX-Duraflex quick release buckle; molle system on the backside can add more items you want; and the magic sticker ID panel can change patches according to your favor.
In the end, the vest looks beautiful and has a military-style touch to it, but they only look, and the vest is also durable. If you are looking for a decent service dog vest for a better price range, this appears to be a fair choice. Small dogs may require too many straps which might become too much of a work. It will be useful for short uses and if you need large storage capacity as the two saddlebags are 3L each. But for longer-term usage, this is not a really feasible idea.
- Adjustable straps to ensure the dog fits well and comfortably.
- The saddlebags are really large (3L each) which adds lots of storage space.
- The tactical D ring for leashes is very strong.
- Ring unlike others, will not break off easily.
- No reflective straps or lining at all. Not suitable after daylight ends
- The vest is mainly made for larger dogs
#9 Hanshengday Tactical Dog Vest
Made from very high-class materials, this vest is a true marvel both in style and features. The material it is made from is durable and breathable 1000D material. It can be distinguished by the way it feels when you touch it. The sweat and other liquids quickly evaporate due to the nature of the material. Good reflective patches ensure that your dog is safe at night and the patches can easily be removed and replaced if needed. The vest in itself is very light and has molle on both sides to carry items. Unique tactical material used in the vest ensures that any sweat produced is quickly evaporated. The convenient buckle is easily tucked in, and the strap fit as per the needs to ensure maximum comfort of the dog.
- PACKAGE include --One tactical dog vest,,reflective stickers velcro, the 2detachable water bag and drawstring bag.The one practical detachable is 16*12*4cm,The other is 17*7*7.So both them are practical,especially when you and your dog go hiking, go climb ,go explore.It’s very handy for you.
- DURABLE and COMFORATBLE BRETHABLE 1000D MATERIAL--- Dog Vest with 2 Detachable Accessory Bags made with durable material, tight stitching, firm straps and heavy duty V-Rings.This key point is this is the real 1000D .The first way,you can distinguish it from the feel when you touch it ,the real 1000D is SMOOTH,BRETHABLE and has a strong evaporation of water-ish and sweat.So it’s easy to dry in air.That’s because it make from for the military 1000D nylon .The second way is The Buckle is sturdy a
This is by far, one of the best service dog vests out there in terms of features and quality—lots of storage space despite no pockets. The molle compensates for the lack of pockets. It is made of good 1000D material that does not let any sweat accommodate and quickly dries off. However, some people have complained about their dogs not properly fitting into the vest. Vest sizes may vary and you need to pick the right one for your pet needs. The patches also seem to be weak due to only being attached by a Velcro strip.
- Lots of storage if you use the molle properly.
- The reflective patch ensures your dog is safe at night from any accidents.
- Breathable and quick-drying 1000D tactical material
- No pockets are available other than the detachable saddlebags.
- Not every dog will fit in the vest
- Some people consider the Velcro straps too weak to hold the patches.
#10 OneTigris Dog Pack
If you like to hike mountains or walk through forests, this vest from OneTigris is the best one out there. The robust and rugged design makes it possible to use it in hard places. It is made with care to ensure that your dog remains comfortable while wearing it. The colour of the vest won’t ever show any dirt. It has two zipper side compartments with pockets for carrying dog food, water bottles or other items. The vest is very sturdy, with and can be used on different surfaces but it won’t fall off your dog and move away from its place.
- 【OneTigris HOPPY CAMPER Doggy Backpack】High density cotton canvas provide a better holding for your beloved pet and do not hurt fur
- 【Dog Backpacks for Dogs to Wear】Two main zipper side compartments with semi-open pockets for carrying dog food holder, water, snacks, wast disposal bags, etc.
This is the best service dog vest with pockets that you can buy out there. It has the best that a service dog vest can have and does not have many drawbacks. The vest is designed and made from selected materials to guarantee that the dog won’t feel any discomfort. Occasionally there might be some discrepancies with size but with proper measurements, this vest will fit your dog and will provide an enjoyable experience.
- Sturdy and rugged, making it a perfect fit to hike or go remote terrains.
- Two large pockets allow you to carry a lot like food, water bottle
- It doesn’t compromises on the capacity or the vest sliding off.
- Occasionally there might be some discrepancies with size
At the end of the day, whether it is a walk you want to take with your dog or go climb a mountain, you have to select the best dog vest out there according to your needs. Weigh out different factors like how much storage you need. It includes whether you need a service dog vest with pockets or without one or you need detachable saddles, reflective strips if you want to walk your dog at